Facilities and Services
Glebe House provides the following services:
- Convalescent care (VHI registered), respite care and extended care to dependent older people. We provide the same for confused older people in a specially designed safe area.
- Day care for both general and confused older people.
Included in the basic care package under the Government’s ‘Fair Deal’ are the following services:
- Bed and board;
- Nursing and personal care appropriate to the level of care needs of the person;
- Laundry service;
- Basic aids and appliances necessary to assist a person with the activities of daily living.
The following are excluded under the Government’s ‘Fair Deal’ and will be provided at an additional charge although some of these may be available to medical card holders:
- Daily delivery of newspapers; Social programmes; All therapies; Incontinence wear; Chiropody; Dry cleaning; Ophthalmic and dental services; Transport (including care assistant costs); Specialised wheelchairs; Hairdressing and other similar services.
Appropriate pastoral and spiritual care will be available for people of all faiths and none. Weekly services cater for Protestant and Roman Catholic traditions.
Regular day trips are arranged for our residents and family occasions are catered for where possible.